Solution Oriented Commercial Litigation
There are those who think that litigation is glamorous. In an era of televised courtroom drama, all too often we are quick to idolize our own day in court and predict a swift decision in our favor. This perception does not reflect reality; trials are long, grueling, stressful, and expensive. You getting mired in a drawn-out courtroom battle is a time sink that both you and your business will struggle to cope with.
My emphasis is on providing solutions for businesses and individuals. I have represented clients with a wide range of issues, mediated successful out-of-court settlements, and prosecuted plaintiff claims with multiple million dollar verdicts in state and federal courts. I have the knowledge and experience to protect you, protect your business, and provide outstanding advocacy in defense of both.
As a seasoned lawyer of thirty years I view trials as a tactic best left to the last resort. That’s why I’ll analyze your unique situation before developing and executing a quick, efficient, cost effective, and solution driven plan to resolve the issues at hand. If there's a way to avoid a trial, we will find it. If we do go to trial, we’re going to go in with an air-tight case... and we’re going to win.
☎ (414) 397-1432
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Commercial Litigation Specialties
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law
- Construction Law
- Franchise Law
- Tax Court
Corporate Structure and Risk Management
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Employment Law
- Trial and Appeal
- Expert Testimony
- Appellate work
I am a qualified and experienced instructor in the following areas:
- Real Estate Transactions
- ATS/CLE State of Wisconsin
- Litigation involving Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law
- ATS/CLE and Franchise Division
- Business Fundamentals of Discovery in Litigation
- ATS/CLE: Business Litigation
- Expert Testimony
- Bar Admission: State Bar of Wisconsin (Board of Governors)
- Young Lawyers Division (Director, President)
- Litigation Section (Construction and Lien Section)
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Western Division
- US Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- WATL Commercial Litigation
- American Bar Association (House of Delegates)
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell (since 2000), indicating very high to pre-eminent legal ability and very high ethical standards based on evaluations by peers in the legal profession.
- Listed in Who’s Who Among American Lawyers (2004 to present)
- Super Lawyers (2009 to present)
- Top Lawyers in Wisconsin (2013 to present)
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC) 2016, top one percent of lawyers in the country are offered membership.
DEFINING LEGAL MOMENT
My defining legal moment came when arguing before the Wisconsin Supreme Court. I felt the gravity and importance of standing before the seven Justices. I fully grasped the privilege and responsibility of advocating for my client and establishing legal principles that remain in place today.
Town Bank v. City Real Estate Development. LLC, 793 NW2nd 476 (Wis2010)
Dispute on enforcibility of an integration provision within a contract.
Precision Erecting, Inc v. AFW Foundry, Inc, Et. AL. 598 NW2nd 614, 229 Wis 2d 189 (1999)
Dispute on how to define, interpret, and rule on issues preclusion on multi-party cases.
Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal enquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your industry along with any specific document requests. To help us best service your enquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.
For job opportunities, please email us your resume. We’re always looking for new and exceptional talent to lead the firm into uncharted fields of practice.